Terms and Conditions for accommodation
Article 1 Scope of application
1. Accommodation contracts and related contracts that GOOD NATURE HOTEL KYOTO (hereinafter referred to as “this hotel”) concludes with its guests shall be in accordance with the provisions of these clauses, and matters not provided for in these clauses shall be in accordance with the laws and regulations or generally established customs.
2. When this hotel responds to such a covenant without violating the laws and customs, the covenant shall take precedence over the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
Article 2 Making an Application for Accommodation Contract
1. A person who wishes to apply for a lodging contract with this hotel shall provide this hotel with the following information:
(1) Name and telephone number of the person staying at the hotel.
(2) Date of stay and estimated time of arrival
(3) Accommodation charges (as a general rule, based on the basic room charge in the attached table).
(4) Other matters deemed necessary by this hotel.
2. When a guest requests to stay longer than the date of the stay stipulated in item 2 of the preceding paragraph during the stay, this hotel shall process the request as if a new accommodation contract had been applied for at the time of the request.
Article 3 Establishment of the accommodation contract, etc.
1. The accommodation contract shall be concluded when this hotel has accepted the application described in the preceding article. However, this provision shall not apply when this hotel proves that it has not accepted the application.
2. When the accommodation contract is concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the guest shall pay the application fee, which shall be limited to the basic accommodation charge for the period of stay (when it exceeds three days, it shall be for three days) and shall be determined by this hotel by the date specified by this hotel.
3. The application fee shall first be applied to the final accommodation charge payable by the guest, and if the provisions of Article 6 and Article 18 are applied, the application fee shall be applied in the order of penalty and then compensation, and the balance, if any, shall be returned when the charge is paid in accordance with the provisions of Article 12.
4. If the application fee in paragraph 2 is not paid by the date specified by this hotel in accordance with the provisions of the same paragraph, the accommodation contract shall cease to be valid. However, this shall apply only when this hotel has notified the guests of the date of payment of the application fee.
Article 4 This provision shall be effective only when the hotel has notified the guest of this fact when specifying the date of payment.
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2 of the preceding article, this hotel may accept the special agreement that it shall not be required to pay the application fee under paragraph 2 of the preceding article after the conclusion of the contract.
2. In the event that this hotel does not request the payment of the application fee stipulated in paragraph 2 of the preceding article, or does not specify the date of payment, this hotel shall be deemed to have complied with the special contract stipulated in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5 Refusal to Conclude the Accommodation Contract
1. This hotel reserves the right not to conclude a contract for accommodation in the following cases
(1) In the event that the application for accommodation does not comply with these terms and conditions.
(2) When there is no room available due to full occupancy.
(3) In the event that the person seeking to stay in the accommodation is deemed likely to commit acts contrary to legal regulations, public order or good morals in relation to the accommodation.
(4) In the event that the person seeking accommodation has had trouble with this hotel in the past, such as delays in payment.
(5) In the event that the person seeking to stay at this hotel is involved in a gangster organization as defined in the Act on Prevention of Unjustifiable Acts by Organized Crime Groups.
(6) In the event that the guest is considered to be involved in a group or organization that is equivalent to those described in the preceding paragraph, or that this hotel deems to be involved in a group or organization that uses deception or intimidation, or in any other group or organization that uses such deception or intimidation.
(7) In the event that the person seeking accommodation has been arranged, arrested, arrested, prosecuted or convicted of a criminal offence.
(8) When a person seeking accommodation has been assaulted, injured, coerced, threatened, extorted, blackmailed, fraudulent or similar acts.
(9) In the event that there are other reasons equivalent to (4) to (8) above.
(10) In the event that the person seeking to stay in the room is clearly not capable of paying the accommodation charge.
(11) When the person seeking lodging is found to be acting suspiciously.
(12) When a person seeking accommodation is clearly recognized as having an infectious disease.
(13) In the event that a person seeking to stay in the hotel commits a violent act of demand or asks a person to bear a greater than reasonable burden to this hotel or this hotel’s employees.
(14) In the event that the guest cannot be accommodated due to a natural disaster, breakdown of the facilities, or other unavoidable reasons.
(15) In the event that a person seeking to stay at the hotel is likely to cause trouble for other guests due to drunkenness, etc., or is likely to behave in a way that is extremely disturbing to other guests.
(16) When a person seeking to stay in a hotel falls under the provisions of Article 5 of the Hotel Business Law and each item of paragraph 1 of Article 7 of the Kyoto Prefecture Ordinance for Enforcement of the Hotel Business Law.
【Paragraph 1 of Article 7 of the Kyoto Prefecture Ordinance for Enforcement of the Hotel Business Law】
1. A person who is drunk or who may cause trouble for the guests.
2. A person who has a tendency to cause trouble for the guests by singing, dancing, singing and dancing, or making music, etc. during the stay.
3. A person who is clearly recognized as having no ability to pay
4. A person who is found to behave suspiciously.
Article 6: A guest’s right to cancel a contract
1. The guest may cancel the accommodation contract by making a request to this hotel.
2. When the guest has cancelled the accommodation contract, in whole or in part, for reasons attributable to this hotel (except when this hotel has demanded payment of the application fee by specifying the date of payment in accordance with the provision of paragraph 2 of Article 3, and the guest has cancelled the accommodation contract before the payment of the application fee), this hotel shall pay a penalty fee in accordance with Appended Table 2. In the event that this hotel has requested payment of the application fee on the date specified by this hotel and the guest has cancelled the accommodation contract before such payment is made, the hotel shall pay a penalty fee in accordance with Schedule 2. However, this hotel has complied with the covenant in paragraph 1 of Article 4, and this hotel shall comply with such covenant only when it has notified the guests of its obligation to pay the penalty in the event of their cancellation of the accommodation contract.
3. This hotel may deem the accommodation contract to have been cancelled by the guest when the guest does not arrive at the hotel by 8:00 p.m. on the day of the stay (or, if the estimated time of arrival is specified in advance, by 2 hours after that time) without notifying the hotel.
Article 7 The right of this hotel to cancel the contract
1. This hotel may cancel the accommodation contract in the following cases
(1) When it is deemed that the guest is likely to commit an act contrary to the provisions of the law, public order or good morals, or when it is deemed that the guest has committed the same act in relation to his/her stay.
(2) When the guest fails or delays payment of the charge to this hotel.
(3) When the guest makes a false application at the time of the conclusion of the accommodation contract.
(4) In the event that the guest is a member of, or involved in, an antisocial group, radical action group or other similar group designated under the Act on Prevention of Unjustifiable Acts by Organized Crime Groups.
(5) In the event that the guest is a member of a group or organization that is similar to those described in the preceding paragraph, or that this hotel considers to be a member of a group or organization that uses deception or intimidation, or is involved in other such organizations.
(6) In the event that the person seeking to stay in the hotel has been arranged, arrested, arrested, prosecuted or convicted of a criminal offense.
(7) When a guest has committed assault, injury, coercion, threats, extortion, fraud, or similar acts.
(8) When there are other reasons equivalent to (2) to (7) above.
(9) In the event that the guest is clearly recognized as having an infectious disease.
(10) When the guest makes violent demands on the hotel or the employee of this hotel, or demands a burden beyond what is reasonable.
(11) In the event that the guest cannot be accommodated due to an unavoidable reason such as a natural disaster or other force majeure.
(12) When a guest is likely to cause trouble for other guests due to drunkenness, etc., or engages in behavior that is extremely annoying to other guests.
(13) In the event that a guest does not act in accordance with the rules of use of the hotel (limited to those necessary for fire prevention).
(14) In the event that the Hotel falls under the provisions of Article 5 of the Innkeeping Business Act and each item of Article 7 paragraph 1 of the Enforcement Ordinance of the Kyoto Prefecture Innkeeping Business Act.
2. When this hotel cancels the accommodation contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the hotel shall not charge the guest for the accommodation service, etc. which the guest has not yet received.
3. In the event this hotel cancels the accommodation contract in accordance with the previous paragraph, it shall not compensate for any damage caused by such cancellation.
Article 8 Registration of accommodation
1. Guests shall register the following information on the day of their stay.
(1) Name, address, telephone number, gender and age of the guest (including the person sharing the room)
(2) Workplace name (department, section) and telephone number
(3) In the case of a foreign national, in addition to (1) above, the nationality, passport number, place of entry and date of entry into Japan.
(4) Foreign guests who do not have a domicile in Japan will be required to present their passports, and a copy will be kept on file.
(5) Date and time of departure
(6) Other matters deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. The guest shall be required to present a hotel ticket, credit card, or other means of payment in lieu of Japanese yen at the time of registration.
Article 9 The time of use of the room
Our check-in time is 15:00 and check-out time is 11:00.
However, if there is a separate arrangement with the hotel, we will give priority to that arrangement.
Notwithstanding the previous clause, the hotel may extend the check-out time until 3:00 pm. Please ask the front desk staff about the additional charge in this case.
Guests shall comply with the terms and conditions of use posted in the hotel.
Article 11 Business hours
1. The business hours of the main facilities of the hotel will be announced on the website, on postings in various locations, and in-room tablets.
2. Business hours are subject to change on a temporary basis when it is unavoidable. In such a case, a notice will be given in an appropriate manner.
Article 12 Payment of charges
1. The breakdown of the accommodation charge, etc. to be paid by the guests shall be in accordance with the details listed in Appended Table 1.
2. Payment of the accommodation charges, etc. in the preceding paragraph shall be made at the front desk when this hotel requests it, in Japanese yen or by a method that can be used in lieu of this, such as accommodation tickets or credit cards.
The guest shall pay the room charge even if the guest does not stay at the hotel voluntarily after this hotel has provided the room to the guest.
Article 13 The responsibility of this hotel
1. This hotel shall compensate the guest for any damage caused by the performance of the accommodation contract and related contracts, or by the non-performance of such contracts. However, this provision shall not apply in the event that such damage is not caused by reasons attributable to this hotel.
2. In the event of a fire, the hotel shall be covered by inn liability insurance.
Article 14 In the event that the hotel is unable to provide the guest room for which a reservation has been made
1. When this hotel is unable to provide the guest with a contracted room, this hotel shall, with the consent of the guest, arrange for other accommodation under the same conditions as far as possible.
2. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, this hotel shall pay the guest a compensation fee in the amount equivalent to a penalty fee when it is not possible to arrange other accommodations, and such compensation fee shall be applied to the amount of compensation for damages. However, the hotel shall not pay the compensation fee when there is no reason attributable to the hotel for not being able to provide the room.
Article 15 Handling of Deposits, etc.
1. In the event of loss or damage to the items or cash and valuables left at the front desk by the guest, this hotel shall compensate for such damage, unless the loss or damage is caused by an act of God. However, in the case of cash and valuables, this hotel shall compensate for such damages up to 100,000 yen if this hotel has requested the guest to disclose the type and value of such items and the guest has failed to do so.
2. This hotel shall compensate for any loss or damage to the items or cash and valuables brought into this hotel or left at the front desk by guests who have not left such items at the front desk due to the hotel’s intention or negligence. However, this hotel shall indemnify the guest for up to 100,000 yen for any item that the guest has not informed the hotel of the type and value of in advance.
Article 16 Storing of Guests’ Baggage or Personal Items
1. If a guest’s baggage arrives at this hotel prior to his/her stay, it shall be held in the hotel’s guest service and handed over to the guest at the front desk for check-in, provided that this has been agreed upon by the hotel prior to the guest’s arrival.
2. In the event that a guest checks out and leaves his or her baggage or personal belongings at this hotel, this hotel will, as a rule, wait for the owner’s inquiry and ask for instructions. If there is no instruction from the owner, the valuable items will be reported to the nearest police station within 7 days of their discovery, and other items will be disposed of after 3 months. However, food and drink, cigarettes, magazines, etc. will be disposed of on the same day.
3. The responsibility of this hotel for the safekeeping of the guest’s baggage and personal belongings in the preceding two paragraphs shall be governed by the provisions of paragraph 1 of the preceding article in the case of paragraph 1, and by the provisions of paragraph 2 of the same article in the case of the preceding paragraph.
Article 17 Responsibility for Parking
1. When guests use the parking lot contracted by this hotel (hereinafter referred to as the “hotel parking lot”), regardless of whether or not they leave their car keys with us, this hotel is renting the space and does not assume responsibility for the management of the car. However, the hotel will be held responsible for any damage caused by the management of the hotel’s parking lot, either intentionally or negligently.
2. The hotel shall not be held responsible for any accidents, theft, etc. in the parking lots, even when the guests use the parking lots provided by this hotel.
Article 18: Guests’ responsibility
In the event that this hotel suffers damage due to the guest’s intention or negligence, the guest shall compensate this hotel for the damage.
Article 19 Disclaimer
1. The hotel is not responsible for any damage suffered by guests due to the guest’s intention or negligence.
2. Guests are responsible for their own use of computers, mobile phones and smart phones for communication within the hotel. We will not be held responsible for any damages caused to you as a result of interruptions in service due to system failures or other reasons while using computers, mobile phones, or smart phones. The hotel shall not be held liable for any damages caused to the hotel or third parties as a result of the use of computers, mobile phones, or smart phones that are deemed inappropriate by this hotel.
Article 20 Controlling Language
If there are any discrepancies or differences between the agreement and the translated text, the Japanese text shall control in all respects.
Article 21 Revision of Accommodation Contract
In order to respond to changes in external factors such as economic conditions and related laws and regulations, or in the event of a change in the management or operation of the Company, the Hotel may revise the contents of these terms and conditions, including the provisions regarding rates and services. In such a case, the revised version shall be published on our website without delay and the date of the last revision shall be clearly indicated.
Appended Table 1 Method of Calculating Room Rates, etc. (see paragraph 1 of Article 2 and paragraph 1 of Article 12)
For hotels (applies to accommodations without breakfast, dinner or supper)
|Breakdown of the total amount payable by guests|
|Accommodation charges||(1) Room charge (room (or room and breakfast)
(2) Service charge (1) x 10%)
|Extra charge||(3)3. Food and drink (or additional beverages (other than breakfast) and other charges
④Service charge (1) x 30%)
|Taxes||(5) Consumption tax (including local consumption tax)
(6) Accommodation tax
1. The above-mentioned accommodation tax and consumption tax are subject to the revised tax laws and regulations, if any.
2. The details of accommodation tax shall be based on the Kyoto Prefectural Lodging Tax Ordinance.
Appendix 2 Penalty Charges (see Article 6 paragraph 2)
|Number of people applying for the contrac||Date of notice of contract cancellation|
|No overnight stay||On the day||The day before||7 days before||14 days before|
|General (up to 9 people)||100%||80%||20%||―||―|
|Group (10 or more people)||100%||80%||50%||20%||10%|
1. Penalties (cancellation fees) may vary depending on the plan. Penalties may vary from plan to plan, in which case the penalties indicated on the plan will apply.
2. In the event that the reservation is not made directly with the hotel, such as through a travel agency, the cancellation policy of the travel agency will be applied.
3. If the length of the contract is shortened, we will collect one day’s penalty, regardless of the number of days shortened.
4. If the contract is cancelled for a portion of a group of 10 or more guests, the penalty shall be 10% (rounded up to the nearest whole number) of the number of guests as of 10 days prior to the date of the stay (or the date of acceptance of the application if the application is accepted later than that date). No penalty will be charged for the number of guests that fall within the range of 10% (rounded up to the nearest whole number) of the total number of guests as of the date of acceptance of the reservation.
5. In the case of a group (10 or more persons), regardless of the contents of Appendix 2, the penalty fee may be determined separately depending on the contents of the application.