[Private] GION TOUR
Gion, Kennin-ji Temple, Yasaka Shrine Walking tour
- Minimum Participants
- Meeting time/place
9:30AM / Good Nature Hotel Lobby (4F)
- Breakup time/place
12:30PM / East gate of Yasaka Shrine
Remarks: Kennin-ji temple entrance fee is included in the tour price.
This is A REQUEST for a reservation for the tour.
As soon as the guide is confirmed, we will send you an email with payment instructions.
After confirming your payment, we will confirm your reservation.
Some of Kyoto’s most representative cultural sites can be explored on foot in just three hours from the Good Nature Hotel. Old streets, back roads used by locals, Zen temple, and nature-filled parks and shrine. You will enjoy the changing scenery and atmosphere of each place you visit. Licensed interpreter-guide certified by Kyoto City will guide you.
- Walk through Gion, Kyoto’s most famous flower district(Geiko and Maiko district), and its back streets.
- Visit Kennin-ji Temple, the oldest Zen temple in Kyoto, to view Zen gardens, paintings, and Buddhist statues.
- Learn about the relationship between Samurai and Zen Buddhism and their relationship to the natural world.
- Visit Hokan-ji Temple’s five-story pagpota, a landmark of Kyoto.
- Visit Maruyama Park and enjoy Kyoto’s nature, including beautiful gardens, flowers, plants and trees.
- Visit Yasaka Shrine to see the beautiful vermilion torii gate and buildings, purchase omikuji and amulets, and learn about Shinto.
Gion and Hanamikoji street
Hokanji-Temple five-story pagota